Dorothy Wright (1901 - 1913)
Events and attributes
between October 1901 and December 1901
Kings Norton, Birmingham, England2,1
1, Eton Road, Balsall Heath, Birmingham, England1
11 September 1911
19, Gosford Street, Balsall Heath, Birmingham, England3
between 11 September 1911 and 4 June 1912
Children's Emigration Home, St. Luke's Road, Highgate, Birmingham, England
Notes: The application stated 'parents separated; 5 children with Mother'.3
Liverpool, England to Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Notes: She travelled with a group of British Home Children from the Middlemore Home in Birmingham; her brothers Frank and James were on the same ship.4,5
Coote Hill United Church, Queens County, New Brunswick, Canada
Notes: Both Findagrave and the Provincial Archives of New Brunswick record this burial without any extra information or source detail.
Dorothy Wright 1913
Petersville, Queens County, New Brunswick, CanadaCause: Spinal Meningitis (One week)6
- [S34] 1911 census of England, Worcestershire, Balsall Heath, Mrs M. Wright; digital image, Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.co.uk : accessed 20 September 2016); citing Class: RG14; Piece: 17910; Schedule Number: 181.
- [S66] FreeBMD, "Search," database, FreeBMD (http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl )
- [S95] British Isles Family History Society of Greater Ottawa (BIFHSGO), "Home Children records, 1869-1932", database, Library and Archives Canada (http://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discover/immigration/immigration-records/home-children-1869-1930/immigration-records/Pages/immigration-records.aspx : accessed 20 October 2016), entry for Frank Leslie WRIGHT, applied 11 November 1911, Middlemore Children's Emigration Homes; citing Library and Archives Canada, A-2105, restricted microfilm., MG28 I492, Middlemore Children's Emigration Homes, database number 172103.
- [S90] "UK, Outward Passenger Lists, 1890-1960", digital images, Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.co.uk : accessed 19 October 2016), manifest, Carthaginian, departing 25 May 1912, Ticket number 1392, Dorothy Wright age 10; citing Board of Trade: Commercial and Statistical Department and successors: Outwards Passenger Lists. BT27. Records of the Commercial, Companies, Labour, Railways and Statistics Departments. Records of the Board of Trade and of successor and related bodies. The National Archives, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, England.
- [S92] "Canadian Passenger Lists 1865-1935", digital images, Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.co.uk : accessed 19 October 2016), entry for Dorothy Wright born abt 1902 England arrival 8 Jun 1912 in Halifax Nova Scotia, Canada; citing Passenger Lists, 1865–1935. Microfilm Publications T-479 to T-520, T-4689 to T-4874, T-14700 to T-14939, C-4511 to C-4542. Library and Archives Canada, n.d. RG 76-C. Department of Employment and Immigration fonds. Library and Archives Canada Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- [S94] "New Brunswick Provincial Deaths, 1815-1938," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:9Q97-Y3SD-SCC?cc=1840147&wc=MJHR-RM9%3A1042587001 : 21 May 2014), image 1436 of 1453; Provincial Archives, Fredericton.